Earth Retaining Structures Committee invites you to join us for a live online Web Conference (and recording available later online) on August 24, 2016. Case histories will be presented on the performance of existing earth retention systems using a variety of innovative techniques. The merits of computer methods vs hand methods for sheet pile wall design will also be considered. Learn from past MSE wall failures so your future projects are built to last. Get up-to-date information on the new LRFD specifications in the FHWA soil nail manual affecting the design of ERS’s.
The conference will consist of two 60-minute sessions with three 20-minute presentations each. There will be a ½ hour break in between the sessions. The first session will begin at 12 pm Eastern and the 2nd session at 1:30 pm Eastern. Each presentation will include some questions and answers. Can’t make the live event? No problem, it will be available on the Geo-Institute website for viewing at a later time. The link will be sent to all registrants.
- Gain insight into the new FHWA soil nail manual
- Learn from both contractors and designers how to complete successful projects
- See different ERS systems and the project constraints that led to their use
- Learn from past successes and failures
- Each attendee will receive a certificate of completion for 2 hours of professional training